After yet another trip to Hobby Lobby yes I said Hobby Lobby where I bought more fabric yes I said more fabric I had a small mountain of fabric and a few project ideas at my disposal.
The first project was Pine Cone Orbs:
What you need:
- Styrofoam balls
- hot glue
Approx. Cost: $7
- First pick the fabric you want and how many different patterns you want to use I used a different pattern for each orb.
- Cut 2X2 squares of each fabric. (Depending on how big you want your orbs depends on how many squares you need to cut.)
- Take one 2X2 square and glue it flat to the top of one of the styrofoam balls.
- Fold a 2X2 square in half and then in half again now you have a little square.
- Turn the square so it looks like a diamond and glue the edge with all the loose fabric ends to the ball. (The folded edge should be pointing up.)
- Continue gluing around the orb until you complete a circle.
- Then move down to start and new circle keep doing this until you have covered the entire orb.