Going through some major transition in life or just tired of your rut? Perfect! The first step is admitting there’s a problem ~haha no but seriously you can apply these tips in either situation.
Being a recent college grad often I struggle with going from college co-ed to professional young woman. You want to retain some signature style but not feel like a little girl playing dress up.
These quick, easy, and cheap tips can take you there!
1. Footwear: I know it’s hard to hear but flipflops are no longer the acceptable everyday, every place footwear. Comfort is definitely number one on my list especially when it comes to your feet!
- ballerina flats: make any outfit stylish and a little more age appropriate in any situation.
- Wedges: perfect for the summer and super comfortable! They give all the height of heels with out the hurt!
2. Pants: Now here we can have some fun because you can still wear jeans! However the cut and the wash are the most important issues to consider!
- Always Always Always a dark wash! A dark wash screams style!
- As for cut I would suggest a boot cut or skinny jean depending on your body type. One is always more flattering than the other based on your shape.
3. Tops: Number one rule for more grown up tops, be mindful of how much skin you are showing! Especially in a professional setting. You can be stylish and still be yourself without showing too much.
- Again depending on your body type try scoop neck tops, button ups are always appropriate, and slight V necks.
- Prints and colors: you can be playful and have fun just remember the situation. For work you want more muted colors and softer more demure prints. For play you can get a little crazier with a louder color and bolder print.
4. Jewelry: For me jewelry is the most important part of my outfit as well as my style! Jewelry is real simple~ there are too types either you like chunky pieces or you like delicate pieces. Personally I’m a chunky jewelry kind of girl!
- Chunky jewels: one piece at a time! If you want a chunky necklace then you need small earrings or none at all. One chunky rings not five! A few chunky bangles not an arm or two full!
- Delicate jewels: Kind of the opposite. You can do small earrings and a delicate necklace but you can still have jewelry overload here too. Laying can be dangerous, three or four stackable tiny rings is cute but not on every finger or all the way up you finger.
At the end of the day less is really more, always be conscience of the situation you are dressing for, don’t get stuck, and view the next chapter as a challenge! Next step New you!