Live it. Love it. Style it.
I have been in love with Josie Maran products since the first day I discovered them! Josie Maran Cosmetics uses the tag line “Luxury with a Conscience”. I think that sums up this brand perfectly!
- Natural, eco-friendly skin care
- Great packaging
- Gives results
The main ingredient and possibly the best way to identify Josie Maran cosmetics and skincare is everything has 100% pure Argan Oil in it. Argan oil is an all encompassing oil that gives healthy, natural, amazing results. Argan oil can be used for everything: hair, nails, face, body, you name it!
- 100% Pure Argan Oil Original and Light formulas
- Argan Cleansing Oil
- Argan Daily Moisturizer
- Argan Illuminizer
- Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee
- Pure Argan Milk: Intensive Hydrating Treatment (Latest/Newest product)
All the products mentioned are amazing. With Argan oil in every product you are guaranteed moisture and a healthy glow about your skin. (For more information on beauty oils refer to my previous post: On Trend: Beauty Oils) All the products are natural and don’t have harmful chemicals or ingredients. I like to think of Josie Maran products and cosmetics as healthy makeup. Your skin feels good and you feel good about taking care of yourself!
Live it. Love it. Style it.
This is my favorite time of year which means I HAVE to decorate! I have been seeing these gorgeous fall wreaths in the stores but they are soooo expensive it is ridiculous! So of course inspiration struck… DIY.
What you need:
- a base wreath
- harvest garland (I used three 4ft strands)
- other little touches like flowers or festive add-ons (I used little berry looking things)
I bought everything at Dollar Tree and I spent $5!
What I did:
- I took the garland and wound it around my base wreath pulling an shaping as I went along. I did this with all three strands until I had the desired fullness that I was looking for.
- I secured the garland to the base wreath by tying it to the wreath. No hot glue or any adhesive is needed for this project.
- I pulled the berry looking things off their stems and attached them to the stems on the garland around the wreath and again adjusted and shaped until it looked how I wanted.
Going through some major transition in life or just tired of your rut? Perfect! The first step is admitting there’s a problem ~haha no but seriously you can apply these tips in either situation.
Being a recent college grad often I struggle with going from college co-ed to professional young woman. You want to retain some signature style but not feel like a little girl playing dress up.
These quick, easy, and cheap tips can take you there!
1. Footwear: I know it’s hard to hear but flipflops are no longer the acceptable everyday, every place footwear. Comfort is definitely number one on my list especially when it comes to your feet!
- ballerina flats: make any outfit stylish and a little more age appropriate in any situation.
- Wedges: perfect for the summer and super comfortable! They give all the height of heels with out the hurt!
2. Pants: Now here we can have some fun because you can still wear jeans! However the cut and the wash are the most important issues to consider!
- Always Always Always a dark wash! A dark wash screams style!
- As for cut I would suggest a boot cut or skinny jean depending on your body type. One is always more flattering than the other based on your shape.
3. Tops: Number one rule for more grown up tops, be mindful of how much skin you are showing! Especially in a professional setting. You can be stylish and still be yourself without showing too much.
- Again depending on your body type try scoop neck tops, button ups are always appropriate, and slight V necks.
- Prints and colors: you can be playful and have fun just remember the situation. For work you want more muted colors and softer more demure prints. For play you can get a little crazier with a louder color and bolder print.
4. Jewelry: For me jewelry is the most important part of my outfit as well as my style! Jewelry is real simple~ there are too types either you like chunky pieces or you like delicate pieces. Personally I’m a chunky jewelry kind of girl!
- Chunky jewels: one piece at a time! If you want a chunky necklace then you need small earrings or none at all. One chunky rings not five! A few chunky bangles not an arm or two full!
- Delicate jewels: Kind of the opposite. You can do small earrings and a delicate necklace but you can still have jewelry overload here too. Laying can be dangerous, three or four stackable tiny rings is cute but not on every finger or all the way up you finger.
At the end of the day less is really more, always be conscience of the situation you are dressing for, don’t get stuck, and view the next chapter as a challenge! Next step New you!